Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Day 3 - Auckland, NZ -> Honolulu, HI, USA


Tina was SHOCKED when we went to the airport. I told her I had a surprise and she was convinced we were going whale watching. Once at the airport, a lady met us at the front of the line and asked, "Where are you going?" Tina just looked at me and said, "Yes, where are we going?" I tried to avoid her by saying, "International." The lady was not appeased. Finally I had to say it... "Honolulu." Tina screamed and the lady realised it was a secret and profusely apologised. That was ok. She was going to figure it out in 10 minutes anyway.

Surprisingly, Tina was very excited and didn't question the fact that we were traveling so far for only 5 days. I thought she'd kill me and say, "You are going to put me on a plane for 8 hours each way, just for 5 days!?!?!" But she didn't. She did great on the plane and was excited the whole time. Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment